Knitters Anonymous

My father told me I should join "NA." Confused, I asked why. "Because you clearly have a knitting problem!" Those sneaky silent Ks!

Friday, April 15, 2005

Sweaters!!!

I'm going to be recapping for a while, since Im working on a teeny tiny baby sweater for Kyle and Conor's future little one. And using a digital camera is too much fun to wait.

So, I made my first sweater, Grace, from knitty.com, last summer. Here is me wearing it with attitude:



And it hanging:



Now, that one I blocked. I have also made two sweaters that I have yet to block, mainly due to the fear that the evil purple bag (it will be posted eventually) felting experiment taught me.

So, first is the red cardigan. Made from Manos Del Uruguay, bought at the New York State Sheep and Wool Festival, with Laura in toe to make sure I wasn't making rash purchase decisions. The pattern is (kinda) from the Girls Guide to Big Knits.



And a close up of the buttons:



And the Curry Cabled Cardigan. I bought the yarn on Sept. 12. I finished it on March 15. And its still not blocked! I haven't added buttons yet, but I have them. I love them, and though its a little weird, they are cut from deer antlers. I know, I know, but at least the hunter is using ALL of the deer! They were from a sweet lady at the sheep show.

Anyway, the sweater:



And the closeup:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home